Our Division, along with Archbishop Richard Smith in Edmonton, invites you to participate in the Day of Confession on Wednesday, February 17, 2016. This annual day was instituted during the Year of Faith in 2013. Pope Francis has called upon each of us to live mercy. “Turning our gaze to God, merciful Father, and to our brothers and sisters in need of mercy, means focusing our attention on the essential contents of the Gospel: Jesus, Mercy made flesh.”
You are again invited to a day of great grace during the season of Lent 2016, in this, the Jubilee Year of Mercy.
We encourage you to visit your local Catholic church and experience the grace of God in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Sacred Heart Parish - 12:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
(5508 - 48 A Avenue, Red Deer, Alberta T4N 3V6)
- St. Mary's Parish - 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
(3715 - 39 Street, Red Deer, Alberta T4N 5X8)
- Our Lady of the Assumption Parish - 3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
(5033 - 47 A Avenue, Sylvan Lake, Alberta T4S 1G8)
- St. Matthew Catholic Parish - 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. / 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. / 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
(5208 - 53 Avenue, Rocky Mountain House, Alberta T4T 1A2)
- St. Stephen's Parish - 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
(4302 - 57 Ave, Olds, AB T4H 1C5)
Please do not worry if you’re unsure about what to say or do. The priest will be happy to guide you along. Please click here to access a "Confession: How to Guide" to help you prepare.