This year's Day of Confessions will mark the fifth time that parishes have offered an entire day for the celebration of the sacrament of Reconciliation.
In his letter of invitation, Archbishop Smith says: "We clergy, as instruments of Christ’s mercy to you, continue to find ourselves graced through your response to this annual day of mercy. God’s joy is forgiving. God delights in showering his mercy upon us. Therefore, I invite you to receive the gift of God’s healing on the 2017 Day of Confessions: Wednesday, March 8. Priests will be available in all parishes throughout the day."
Click here to download the Archbishop's letter and a quick guide to Reconciliation (PDF, 2 pages).
Please note how our parishes will celebrate this special event:
- Our Lady of the Assumption, Sylvan Lake - Rev. Les Drewicki will hear confessions from 3:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Our Lady of Peace, Innisfail - Rev. Tomasz Puslecki will hear confessions from 1:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Red Deer - Fr. Jozef Wroblewski will hear confessions from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and again from 3:00 -9:00 p.m.
- St. Matthew, Rocky Mountain House - Fr. Leon Kler will be available from 9:30 - 10:30 a.m., 12:00-1:30 p.m., and 5:00-9:00 p.m.
- St. Mary's Catholic Church, Red Deer - Rev. Len Cadieux will be available from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- St. Stephen Catholic Church, Olds - Rev. Adam Daniluk will be available from 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. with mass at noon
- St. Vladimir Ukrainian Catholic Church, Red Deer