Youth Ministry Events
LifeTeen is a high school Catholic youth ministry group that helps young people experience God in many different ways through prayer, games, team building and sessions based on the Catholic faith. LifeTeen is stationed at École Secondaire Notre Dame High School. We meet every first and third Thursday of every month from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. in the gathering area.
- 1st Thursdays: XLT Adoration in the Chapel
- 3rd Thursdays: Social Fun Night
Edge is a middle school Catholic youth ministry program that is filled with fun, food, games, prayer and sessions based on the Catholic faith. High school students have the opportunity to be Edge leaders through formation and leadership training. This program is run through Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools and the parishes of Red Deer, Innisfail and Olds.
- Every 2nd and 4th Wednesday each month from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. at Sacred Heart Parish.
High School leaders help run these events. They are required to a attend Edge formation weekly to gain leadership skills, faith growth, and team bonding. Staring September 14, Leadership Formation will be held on Mondays from 2:15-3:30 p.m. in Room 1403 at École Secondaire Notre Dame High School.
Edge Mega Nights happen once a semester where all middle school students in Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools are invited to participate.
Disciples Ready in Motion Evangelization (Drime) is a high school retreat team that puts on skits and talks for different groups and schools throughout the school year. Participants will gain leadership skills and religion hours, and work with a great team of students. We meet:
- Every first and third Thursday at École Secondaire Notre Dame High School (5:15 - 6:30 p.m. in Room 1201) and every second and fourth Friday of the month.
Want to know more about the Catholic Church? Didn’t finish your sacraments and would like to? Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) is a program that allows teens and young adults to learn about the Catholic faith with fellow peers!
Music Ministry Opportunities
- St. Mary’s Parish in Red Deer: first Sunday at 7:00 p.m.
- Sacred Heart Parish in Red Deer: Sundays at 7:00 p.m.
- Our Lady of Peace Parish in Innisfail: fourth Sunday of the month at 10:30 a.m.