"If you don't use it, you lose it." This statement is true for children who do not read throughout the summer.
Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools has developed the RDCRS READS Summer Reading Program to suit all middle and elementary school students' needs. This award-winning program is designed to alleviate summer reading loss and to strengthen students' literacy skills.
The main goals of the program are to promote reading growth by getting books into the hands of students, increase access to books to eliminate summer reading loss and to have school libraries open during the summer months.
For more information about the summer reading program, please watch this video.
What is going on in our schools:
- École Camille J. Lerouge School - Red Deer
- École Mother Teresa Catholic School - Sylvan Lake
- École Our Lady of the Rosary School - Sylvan Lake
- École Secondaire Notre Dame High School - Red Deer
- Father Henri Voisin School - Red Deer
- Holy Family School - Red Deer
- Holy Trinity Catholic School - Olds
- Maryview School - Red Deer
- St. Elizabeth Seton School - Red Deer
- St. Francis of Assisi Middle School - Red Deer
- St. Marguerite Bourgeoys Catholic School - Red Deer
- St. Martin de Porres School - Red Deer
- St. Matthew Catholic School - Rocky Mountain House
- St. Patrick's Community School - Red Deer
- St. Teresa of Avila School - Red Deer
- St. Thomas Aquinas Middle School - Red Deer