Our Family School Enhancement Counsellors (FSECs) support the social, emotional and mental wellness of students and families within their home, school and community through early intervention and prevention.
FESCs meet with children, youth, parents and families to go over issues affecting student success supporting them to look for options, develop strategies and find solutions.
- Provide support services to families and children facing social, emotional and family challenges
- Promote effective communication and parenting skills
- Build skills with students in small groups
- Assist in finding information resources such as counselling or after hours crisis response workers
- Collaborate with community agencies
- Promote preventative opportunities within the schools and community
Please contact your school to find out the name of your local FSEC.